Help To Arm People
With The Truth & Facts
To Make Their Case & Defend Themselves
PS – 08:
(PS-08: Questionable Timings & Strange Comments!)
- To clarify the issue of deadline for comments:
The media article in PS – 07 was correct in stating the official deadline for comment is Monday 18-May-2015.
- I appreciate that a resident contacted the designated planning officer Stephen Colgate as follows:
Sent: 06 May 2015 20:33
To: Stephen Colegate
Subject: PO365/15/FUL – query on timetable for comments
I understand you are the case officer for the above planning application.
Please can you explain why the timescale for this application is allowed to coincide with local elections. I have spoken to a parish councillor about my concerns, but that individual is not standing for re-election. Clearly I am unable to express my views to newly elected representatives until after the results of elections are announced. This means I have less time to put across my views to elected local representatives, than would normally be the case in such planning applications.
Please can this matter be considered and the timescale for comments be extended.
Given the pressing timescales, I look forward to your early response.
- a copy of the letter and the response was sent to me by the concerned resident, together with the reply received from Stephen Colgate, which I agreed with the resident seemed to contradict the conversation I had had with Stephen Colgate subsequent to his response to the correspondence:
rom: Stephen Colegate [mailto:Stephen.Colegate@fdean.gov.uk]
Sent: 11 May 2015 11:06
Subject: PO365/15/FUL – query on timetable for comments
RE: PO365/15/FUL – query on timetable for commentsPlease note that the application has been called to Planning Committee prior to the election (likely to be 14th July 2015 committee) and that any representations received prior to the 30th June 2015 (deadline for my report to be finalised) will be taken into consideration.
Senior Planning Officer
Forest of Dean District Council
Tel: 01594 812375
- PLEASE NOTE:
I have, since the circulation of the letters above, had a lengthy conversation with Stephen Colegate and although it is easy to misunderstand his response which was made to the one resident who had explained their misgivings and problems in obtaining representation and information, he claims that the response was peculiar to ONLY that individual.
The position still stands that the official deadline, as listed on the FoD planning site, is Monday 18-May-2015, whether you or I may consider that reasonable is of no concern to the facts!
The deadline is, and will remain Monday 18-May-2015.
That said Tidenham Parish Council have obtained an extension for the Parish Council to make a submission up until 27-May-2015
as an outcome of the fact that the first opportunity for the Parish Council, with its new councillors, to sit is Wednesday 20-May-2015 at 19.00hrs.
– a meeting at which the applicant’s professional representatives aim to make a sales pitch to show how this publicly subsidised profit motivated venture may benefit the community! – a situation which sounds both implausible and untrue to me and smacks of little more than local bribery!
- ALL OF THAT SAID:
May I suggest that IF you are reading this after the 18-May-2015 that you submit your comments and views regardless as I am sure and am informed they will be taken into account as long as they are received before Stephen Colgate has made his submission for the Council Planning Committee for the 30-June-2015.
- Personally I am indebted to Gabriella Kirkpatrick for having represented my request for a delay, prior to the election, that Stephen Colegate was not minded to heed requests for an extension led to her then calling in the plans to ensure they were dealt with by the planning committee thus ensure some element of democracy!
- Unfortunately Gabriella Kirkpatrick was voted out of office and I note Maria Edwards, the wife of the applicant, is now on the Council under the guise of a Conservative seat – which seems strange in the light of the Conservative Party committment in its manifesto and elsewhere to remove subsidies on all Wind Turbines for which application is granted after the election!
- If you wish your views, facts and comments to be given their due weight may I strongly suggest that you seek to ensure they are with the Council on or before 18-May-2015 with copies to your MP, your County Councillors and your Parish Councillors!
We believe the information gathered on this site can act to bring the truth, regarding the dishonesty of the claimed benefits of Wind Turbines (WT) to the front of people’s minds as they are regularly taxed, in a hidden tax, on their energy bills to fund these politically correct and fundamentally all but useless monstrosities.
We have gathered a great deal of information in our efforts to prevent the industrialisation of Stroat and the banks of the Severn Estuary and across the wider area including the Forest of Dean (FoD) as administered by The Forest of Dean District Council (FoDDC), areas of outstanding natural beauty (AoONB), sites of special scientific interest (SSI) & wildlife habitats.
Please help to spread the truth about the Wind Turbine scam and the fundamental flaws and lies of the ‘Warmists’ & self proclaimed ‘Greens’, which are presented as ‘fact’, regarding the anthropogenic influence of mankind on Global Warming and Climate Chance.
Arm yourself with facts to defeat the biggest con of the late 20th and early 21st Century, and do please spread the truth and the URL of this site as widely as you can.
Posted by: Greg Lance – Watkins (site owner)
If you would like more information about Stroat see: http://Stroat-Gloucestershire.com/
If you would like more information about Greg_L-W see: http://GregLanceWatkins.com/
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept responsibility for material on links and other sources
IF you note ANY errors of fact in this or any other web site or blog I own or manage please bring it to my attention for correction @ Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com – Thank you.